Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Pursuit of Happyness

I just finished watching a movie: The Pursuit of Happyness. The main actor is Will Smith. Anyhow, I found it to extremely sad, and eye-opening.

The entire movie revolved around a man and his son's journey through poverty and finding happiness (incorrect spelling addressed in the movie) in all things...

My movie review: I was expecting a movie that would be sad for 1/2 and happy for the second half. It didn't quite happen that way. It was sad for the majority. :(

One thing it did do... made me think of how thankful I am for the life that I was blessed with and the opportunities that I have. Although I know that I have a high education background (for goodness sakes, I am attending the most beautiful university with the best distance learning program in the country!) and I know a lot of connections in business, it definitely helped me suck it up and realize that I should take nothing for granted.

To think, I was bickering about another teacher taking my hanging files in my file cabinet earlier today. What an insignificant problem that I deal with... while others are struggling to provide for their children and live another day without an idea of where they will lay their head for the night.

Of course I had to do a little research on a site I used to use often at an internship I had in Santa Monica: http://www.imdb.com/ (you can find trivia on any movie/TV show):

- the homeless in the movie were actual homeless people, paid full day's wages and given meals for starring in the film
- Will Smith's son in the movie is his real son

:)

No comments: