Saturday, August 11, 2007

My Day of Rest

In an effort to break away from my computer (obviously not for 24 hours since I'm here blogging) and to prepare for the Mt. Whitney hike in 2 weeks, my fiance and I set out to do a little exploration. We wanted to go walk around Pasadena because we have never actually spent time there before. Neither of us are much of shoppers, but we enjoy walking around and people watching.

After we finished that adventure, we went for a hike in the mountains just past Pasadena. I'm not sure the name of it, but I believe we took the 213 Fwy. to the 2. Anyhow, we found a trailhead and ended up hiking about 5 miles. We've been running the sand dunes in Manhattan Beach and running a lot more recently to get ready for the 20+ miles hike coming up.

Today was so nice to get away and enjoy what being outside and being surrounded by what nature has to offer. What a great time. :)

Unrelated, Todd saw Freedom Writers! What a great movie. I encourage everyone to see it. Have a great weekend cadre. Go out and enjoy the sunshine.

No comments: