Sunday, September 30, 2007

I am a professional. Treat me that way.

Have you ever lost your appetite because something bugs you SO much?

I have now received my 2nd request to have a kid transitioned out of my class. The first one was for the curriculum being too difficult and the parent thinking their daughter needed to be retained (that one is now contained... but a new fire is on the rise)... the second one is that a parent now wants their child moved to another 4th grade classroom because I have already labeled them as a "bad kid."

First, the kid doesn't bring his work to school, doesn't do any homework, and was caught kicking another student ( I saw with my own eyes) and I simply gave him a detention. No big deal. Mistake... but I just talked to the kids involved, issued detentions and the clean slate is in effect.

I just got a nasty email from the dad... wants to get the principal involved... fine, whatever. The truth is, the principal is very supportive and I have not done anything wrong. I'm just so frustrated. Since when were teachers NOT professionals? Why don't people treat us like professionals? They woud never treat a doctor this way... why us?

...so angry.

1 comment:

Ali said...

A very good writing!! Hope you like what you do.

All the best!