Saturday, September 15, 2007

Learning Adventure #1 - Musical Ensemble

I just finished my musical ensemble using a program called Finale Notepad. I was really impressed with the options that were free to use!

I have never been musically inclined or played a single note on a musical instrument (unlike most everyone I've see from our cadre) but I was determined to use my ears to create something pleasing. Although my piece is simple, it was not meant to be something dramatic, but for me to learn how to use something new to enrich my learning.

In listening to my fellow cadre mate pieces (Jackie's was just amazing), I grew a little jealous of their abilities. I needed to stop thinking this way and enjoy the process. Jessica helped me to just "picture some experience" and then it would come naturally.

Again, although simple, it certainly represents serenity to me...

In one of Stager's forum discussions, I read that Todd said he did not learn anything more about music, but about the process of working through something. I echo this statement.

If anyone is reading this that knows how I might post my music (it seems like blogger is only allowing me to post pictures or videos, not link documents...), please let me know. Thanks! :)

1 comment:

Todd Coston said...

Brandy, The only thing I can think of for posting a file would be to put the music on your student site and then link to it from Blogger. Hope this helps!