Friday, July 20, 2007

VirtCamp day #3.5, late night

Well, I just sat at my computer for a couple hours trying to maneuver Dreamweaver. Out of all the programs and information we've been introduced to so far, it is by far the most frustrating for me. I feel more confident programming legos! I really want to learn the tools and eventually the code (hopefully...one step at a time) that would allow me to understand this seemingly not-so-difficult machine. I feel like I figured out a few things on Dreamweaver tonight although I am having difficulty with a few things:

1. making sure the page fits within the traditional layout size for the average computer (currently it's too big and I can't figure out how to shrink everything down)
2. how to upload the site onto my web space that pepperdine provides http://students.pepperdine.edu/blfoster/ (I guess you can check back and see if I have figured it out soon... currently it's blank page)
3. how to organize my content better (site map) within creating my website.

Anyway, I will post pictures later... I really need a connector that is easier than my camera port. I think I'll be looking into that really soon.

Oh, and I guess I should sleep. We all went out to Paradise Cove for dinner... sooo good and then off to Moonshadows for drinks with a couple GA's from Cadre 9. They are so amazing and helpful. We are so appreciative of their work (for us!). Tomorrow morning, we have to be at the Dean's house at 8:00 a.m. for breakfast followed by class at 9:00 until whenever we finish:

-our cadre website
-our group link site detailing our experiences with "lego mission"
-our group video, fully edited with 20 second voice-overs (VO back from my broadcasting days) for each person in our group and lots of b-roll shots
-oh... and getting our lego machine completely built and properly functioning (multi-faceted)

Yep, I'm tired. Goodnight.

No comments: