Wednesday, July 18, 2007

VirtCamp day #2, during class







Okay. Just when we I thought I was pretty smart, Bill introduces "hard fun." Yeah, that's what he calls it. Basically we have some tasks. We are to work with our smaller cadre of 10 people and then down to the even smaller work group within the cadre to create a system/vehicle/machine that functions to sort pieces of different colors, decodes difficult color codes, and retrieves a
"box." Oh, did I forget to mention that we have to use legos and we are given close to NO intructions to complete the "secret agent" assignment? Yeah.

My thoughts: We are about 40% complete with creating a machine to our standards that can sort colored lego pieces... but we in no way could have gotten to this point on our own. Our teammates have really helped shape our thoughts. I know that I was thinking the entire time that I needed someone to just give me fresh ideas because I was stuck on assembling the machine in a completely different way than we ended up heading. Currently, we are assembling a conveyor belt that will then hit pieces back and forth (left or right) depending on the color... oh yet another task at hand for tomorrow's programming --today was simply building.

My hope and last piece of reflection as I sit here in the Ed. & Psych. building at Pepperdine University on this lovely Wednesday afternoon, is to keep an open mind and really allow myself to think out of my traditonal realm. Think like a child, Brandy!

No comments: