Friday, April 11, 2008

EDC 665 -- Week 14 Blog

Blog: What theory, discussion and/or application from this course most impacts your ongoing action research project?

Backwards design is the number one impact on my life in teaching, and my action research project. The ARP gradually changes every cycle because I have found myself changing. My views have been changing in respect to what I value as a teacher and what I feel my students should learn.

While I have always known that backwards design existed (recent teacher ed. graduate), I rarely found time to spend on it. Teaching can be a whirlwind, and it's important to create a list of how and what is important to you in your practice. It's just that: a practice. We must change and design our curriculum to suit our student needs.

The second most important piece that I value is using differentiated instruction. I currently use it in my classroom and daily routines, but I really see value in differentiating in my ARP. Students are exploring how to use the Internet in relation to web searches and I think that my student pairings and expectations are different per pair. Some need additional attention, but in all, I expect that all students will understand my essential questions (or in this case, research questions).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.