Thursday, May 1, 2008

EDC 668 - Week 1 Blog

What is the role of an electronic portfolio in my ongoing academic and professional career in educational technology?

I see an electronic portfolio being a value resource for my academic and professional career. Currently I am still learning and growing as a new teacher and adding to my repetoire of knowledge. I attend seminars, join groups, take classes, and spend time in workshops to better my knowledge in teaching. Just the same, I need a place to house my growth and area to post my knowledge and ongoing learning calendar. From this, I see an electronic portfolio as being easy to alter and use as my ongoing learning develops. It would also benefit me because I would not need paper record of attended seminars, while keeping them online for viewing.

In my professional career in educational technology, I think it's important to show how it personally impacts my living. Having an online portfolio, I prove that using technology is important to me and how dedicated I am to learning new methods. I think having an electronic portfolio would set me aside from many educated people (especially educators) because of my ability to market my skills while sharing my experiences in such a manner. I also hope to help others develop their knowledge of educational technology and benefit this program further by bringing others into its existence.

I am eager to work on this! What a great way to track progress.

No comments: