Monday, January 14, 2008

Putting Dreamweaver to Good Use

Over the weekend, my fiance and I decided to create a website for my mother. She's a notary public on Long Beach, CA who has recently experienced a decline in business because the banks she was a long time (10 years) contractor with had recently trained in-house and no longer needed her services. Now, she is relying on her people skills... being awesome... to drive her business. We also thought that posting her on a webpage would also be a good market for her. Even better, she lives in Long Beach, CA. Given this, we searched godaddy and found out the domain name: http://www.longbeachnotarypublic.com/ was available. We quickly snatched that up.

The importance of posting this on my blog is two-fold. One, to tell all my friends my mom travels for notaries if they ever need one... and two, because in order to start showing up on google searches, posting a website domain on other websites that already show up in google searches will create a road for discovery. I'm learning.

I will admit to my fiance having the skill to read the code and change the site as needed. I am just the idea collector, etc.

I love putting my $300 program to good use... at least I am getting more than one website worth out of it!

http://www.longbeachnotarypublic.com/

No comments: