Saturday, October 13, 2007

Technology Idiot

Hello everyone, I am a technology idiot.

Here is my story: My school was kind enough to purchase upper grade teachers laptops... one for each of us. Yes, they changed the operating system and the hardware, making it even impossible to change the time on our own computers, but at least we have laptops, right?

I Enjoy the leisure of now taking my grades home and not having to stay at school until 8:00 to finish my progress reports or print out 35+ pages of grades just to do report cards. So, yes, there are some great benefits. Well... except that not being able to use anything other than the grade program.

About 2 days ago, my computer stopped accessing the wireless (I bought a router, secured it... and bam... just like that.) in my classroom. I thought I broke the computer. So, my principal comes into my classroom to give me administrator privileges so I can change the time and download things, and I still couldn't access the Internet. I checked the firewall, disabled, still nothing.

I spend 2 hours trying everything I could think would possibly work, and my fiance comes to the rescue. In 2 minutes time (yeah, did I mention the TWO hours of agonizing...) he figures out the on my computer, in the middle where the computer connects from the screen to the keyboard, there is a touch sensitive keypad that can turn on/off the sound, the Internet abilities, and change the lighting. You ARE KIDDING ME. I've never seen that before.

I feel like a tech. idiot.

On another note, for your learning pleasure, there is the ability to change the built in mouse to a lefty function. :)

No comments: