Sunday, October 14, 2007

Children are AMAZING



There are obvious reasons why one would become a "teacher." First, I believe we are all teachers in our own worlds. But for me, I actually chose it because I love learning and I love watching others enjoy learning. It had nothing to do with the kids being "cute"...


I digress... my best friend has a daughter, Gabrielle. Maybe the cutest thing in the world... but also a living terror. How is that possible!? Well, the other day, I was talking to her mom, Alison, and Alison gave the phone to Gabrielle. At barely 3 years of age, Gabrielle proceeded to have a full, intellectual conversation with me. Wait? When did that happen? Just a couple months ago, she couldn't even speak in complete sentences. Now, she makes connections (she realized it was my birthday and her friend Makayla's birthday on the same day) and told me all about why the pirates were amazing on the Disneyland ride.

Speechless. I love learning.

(some of my fav. photos of her Disneyland adventure attached)

No comments: