Monday, February 18, 2008

EDC 665 -- Book of Choice -- update #2

I completed the rest of the Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts... book and was somewhat lost with RSS feeds, but found some of the information valuable.

Since I am a novice to podcasting, I appreciated the reading on that area of technology and hope to use it eventually. As a matter of fact, I vaguely remember reading that podcasts were the technology of the next semester classes... so I may be required to make one! (I hope so)

For our group meeting to make decisions about our project for my EDC 665 class, Todd, Jessica, Rita, and myself decided to use Skype voice chat. With voice Skype, Todd said he has a software that allows him to record the conversation for later review. In essence, this is a podcast. In the book, it mentions downloadable software called www.powergramo.com. I am considering this software because I already have Skype.

Audacity is another piece of software to use. I also learned a bit about flickr and how to annotate a photo as a learning experience for students. I would like to learn more about screencasting, of which the book also covers, but I feel like I have to get podcasting down before I use podcasting with video.

I am impressed with the number of teenage kids who are masters at podcasting and all things digital. Although podcasting does not tie into my ARP, I would love to learn the trade and be able to teach future students or understand their love for the technology.

Maybe I should start by buying an MP3 player.

No comments: