Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Learning Adventure #7: MicroWorlds Video Game creation

After having watched Gary's excellent "how to" videos, I was really excited about creating my own video game. Given the limited time, I created something similar to the example and really found the tutorials to be beneficial. My final game is a pacman style version complete with points to earn. I hope to move further and add a second level to my game when time is more plentiful. What I love most about LOGO is that it tells you when something is wrong. "I don't know how to fill in the blank" ---the language is simplistic in nature, but the essence of it is real programming! I imagine that kids would enjoy the outcome of their projects and worry little about making mistakes.

It took me some time to gain motivation to work on this project, but as I watched others creating games, I became more motivated to create my own. I enjoyed the process and I am excited to move further in the more "complicated" programming. Thank you to my cadremates who produced creative version of the video game. It takes me back to the beloved PONG days!

p.s. initially when I downloaded MicroWorlds EX, I messed around with creating a PONG game. It was quite enjoyable. If only I could figure out Donkey Kong and Lemmings now!!!

See attached pictures above.

No comments: