Wednesday, December 5, 2007

In a rut.

This week is parent conferences. The only week the district cuts our days to minimum so we can meet with 31+ parents individually. It's a tough week... but nice to clear the air with expectations, learn about kids, create goals, etc. It also motivates me more as my main focus is my students.

The Distinguished school application process was DAUNTING. It pretty much sucked being at school until 6pm on a Saturday. No extra pay, just a pat on the back and a bouquet of flowers. Happy to contribute my efforts, but it's a lot of work for someone who is already very busy. In addition, the worst part I feel is being away from my students. I feel like I betray them every time I am away at a district meeting. I have missed zero days for personal reasons, but have missed about 12 for school reasons/meetings/etc. It's going to just escalate in January when I have more district meetings and then the FETC conference in Florida. I'm excited, but again, I love to teach and I feel as though there's not a whole lot of that happening lately.

On to grad school. I have to say, as Florida time gets closer, I am more and more bothered by our cadre padre, Bill, not being there when we arrive. I feel as though he deserved it and we deserved it. I was telling a few students the other day that because of this, I just feel like the expectations of OMET have been a let down. I am not as fired up about it as I thought I was going to be when it all started. It's still an experience to remember and I am being exposed to many things that normally would not be at my reach (without the guidance) but I just wish it had ended a different way.

Todd made a comment about me not posting much... and for that matter, no one is. I wonder if it's because it's the end of the term and Christmas time... but it's just really slow. I click refresh and 20 emails don't pop up. As a matter of fact, I've received none tonight. Brent also agreed and sent an email out. Maybe it's the lack of our total participation that is causing this depression for me. I don't know.

Looking forward to Maryland for Christmas and good family time. Any gingerbread house ideas? We have quite the competition at my fiance's house.

Oh, yeah... got my wedding ring in the mail today!!!

No comments: